Friday, May 8, 2009

Officially Official

Well... we are now officially trying for a baby...

I'm not tracking my temperature or anything... just watching to see if I can pick any body changes up myself.

I'm hopefully going to get Folic Acid tablets on the weekend. I've been doing a bit of a comparison with all the vitamins out there...

there's so many pregnancy vitamins out there with so many different things in them... and amount of certain vitamins...

In regards to the folic acid... it is recommended to have roughly .4mg or 400 micrograms a day. it seems most standard multi-vitamins for women have around 3mg, while the pregnancy-vitamins have between .25mg(Blackmores Pregnancy and Breastfeeding gold) and .8mg (elevit)

Nutrition information on food and dietary supplement labels can help women determine whether they are getting enough folate, which is 400 micrograms (0.4 milligrams) a day before pregnancy and 800 micrograms a day during pregnancy.

I am honestly looking at just getting the Folic acid tablets.

i know everyone says that it is best to have the full vitamins as it give you all the extra vitamins you need... but I'm thinking that the Folic acid... being that it is said that with it being a water based vitamin it is said to be needed more everyday.

Foods in which you can also gain some Folic acid from are leafy vegetable such as spinach, turnip greens, lettuces, beans, peas.

so yes... Folate tablets for me this weekend and then the hope of making a baby too! if I have a standard cycle (which i still don't know yet being my first month off the pill) i should be Ovulating around Sunday night so... fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment